Sunday, June 17, 2012

hair 6/16/12

Here's a bit of an update of my current hair. I've been touching up using Ion Color Brilliance purple, but the last few times I mixed their Sky Blue with purple. My purple was still fading to a reddish/pink, I think just because my hair is naturally brown and bleached it becomes reddish/pink so that's constantly under my purple. I need to neutralize the red more, and I think putting in more blue gives the purple a better hue.

I also bought the dye in bulk from Sally's supply as its cheaper to buy more at once and the purple was sold out in all 3 stores near me - So that's why I bought online.

I know it will take me a long time to go through all this dye, so if anyone reading this is interested in the purple or blue, feel free to comment or email me if you want to buy any. I can sell at $4 + shipping which ends up cheaper than buying it on their website in a quantity of less than 12.



So here it is, the purple and blue mixed.


An update about using Ion Color Defense After Color Sealer - It DOES work, I think the color is lasting longer and staying vibrant longer - HOWEVER it makes my hair oilier sooner. The very next day after showering, its oily looking and its not like that when I don't use the Sealer.

I've stopped using it during every shower, and I use DESERT ESSENCE Organics Lemon Tea Tree Shampoo & Conditioner ( http://www.amazon.com/DESERT-ESSENCE-Organics-Lemon-Shampoo/dp/B004GWCCJA/ref=pd_sim_bt_3 ) to keep my hair from getting oily so quick. I'm hoping it doesn't fade out the color too much, but I much rather have clean looking hair than purple oily hair..

I still do use the Ion color sealer immediately after dying my hair and during a wash every once in a while, but every shower is definitely too much and your hair will get oily looking fast.

No negative comments at work still so still hoping all over color will be accepted once I get to that point.


There is my kitty Lolita. Also you can see how my roots are looking. I actually have not bleached since last time, and this color grasped onto my roots a bit without bleach.

 
And here's more of the tshirt I'm wearing! Its a bit tacky maybe to some people, but I think its a cute print of a corset and makes a plain comfortable t shirt look a bit nicer with this design.

4 comments:

  1. U are so pretty, love the hair! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you! Looking at your blog too and love your hair and outfits!

      Delete
  2. That haircolour is very stylish! I love how different shades mix and how there is little blue in the root of black hair too.

    I've dyied my hair so many times to blue and green and pink that it is totally dry and I have to take a brake and possibly cut short or shave my head. ^^ I had a problem with the color washing away very fast, don't know if you have had that problem too. Anyways, if so, dry shampoo is a good trick to make the blue stay longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, my goal is to stop dying any black - so the color will be going to my roots.

      What dry shampoo have you used? The problem I've found is they are usually white - and since my hair is dark the white really shows.

      Hope your hair gets better! I've heard to just use a lot of conditioner if your hair gets dry and damaged, good luck!

      Delete