Saturday, May 12, 2012

Braces Intro

I had braces about 11 years ago. I didn't wear a retainer. Anyone reading this getting braces or wearing them - WEAR YOUR RETAINER AFTER!

My parents paid for them the first time, but of course now at 24 I am paying myself.

I got my lower braces on exactly one week ago and they are still killing me. The actual teeth/gums are still sore, and my inside cheek/lips are shredded and hurt. Its something you usually dont see mentioned but half (even more than half) of the hurt of braces is the inside skin of your mouth being rubbed by the braces and you get sores. You need to squish wax onto your braces to stop them from rubbing/scratching.

So one week and my lower braces are still completely covered in wax and the front teeth are super sore. They were the most crooked.

My doctor is http://www.naborowskiorthodontics.com/ in Addison, Illinois.


His office is friendly and great. His last name is super Polish but he seems completely american with no accent.

He's actually the same ortho I had when I had braces at a kid, and he actually gave me discount going back.

The FIVE places I received estimates for braces went from $3,900-over 5,000. (I was looking into invisalign too)

Naborowski quoted me under $2,000 because I was a return patient and I took it. So the experience has been pretty good other than the soreness, but thats to be expected. I hope to get them off this year. I will probably ask him for a better update next time I come in.

The only awkward bit is I don't think I've seen any adult patient any time I've gone. It's all children other than me. But, the price was worth it so I'm fine with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment