Thursday, May 10, 2012

Home Decor - Design Toscano

Somewhere, years ago I saw this table and I fell in love with it. Current price is $300 and I can't remember how much it actually was back when I found it, but I remember thinking it was "crazy expensive," by now though the price doesn't seem so unattainable when you go shopping for furniture and see how good quality things are in the hundreds/over a thousand! So I'm pretty sure this will be one of my big purchases once I move out.
So this table had me discover Design Toscano here http://www.designtoscano.com/ and I've drooled over their website and have been waiting until I can move out to buy up some of their items. Here's a few more items I love:




I doubt I'll ever buy ALL of these, but the table and the light sconce are things that are top goals...

Aaaand this is a fun item:
 But I think I would only get it if it actually matched the rest of the bathroom. I think that needs to be the difference between a tacky/gaudy/LOOK AT ALL MY RANDOM STUFF type of home versus something actually adult and put together. I want my dragon furniture to actually match the room its in (I already have a shelf full of dragon figurines) so I envision the dragons in the living room, having dark fantasy/dungeon theme/decor but in the bathroom I really have no idea what it will end up looking like.

I want it to match- the cups, soap holder, shower curtain, whatever else so sadly this little dragon probably won't fit... unless maybe the bathroom has green it and no other objects that clash... but being on a budget I have a feeling the bathroom will be the last place we'll care to decorate or paint so I'll probably have to work with whatever colors it already is.

3 comments:

  1. I love the dragons, but I can't stand the faux-slate finish. I'd be tempted to paint the above-door decal and shelves matt white and pretend they're plaster!

    You've got a point about rooms looking a bit gaudy when the bits don't match. My living room is oriental themed (minimalist with Chinese and Japanese fabrics and items such as an old paper parasol for a lampshade), my bathroom is blue themed, my bedroom purple and black and gothic... I try not to mix too many ideas in one room for the very reason you stated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your place sounds nice, do you have any photos? I hope when I move that I will be able to paint and I would love to do purple walls.

      Delete
    2. There's a bit in the background of my latest post, but I will be doing a proper decor post as part of Red & Black Week

      Delete