Thursday, May 10, 2012

an introduction

I'm thinking about blogging. I've always found myself stifled with blogs because I lose interest or I end up spamming it with fandom and then feel stupid when it's filled with "yay harry potter" "omfg hugh laurie is so sexy" etc. Soo if I start this blog, I'm going to make a rule about no fandom stuff.

I think I'm going to also keep a rule of 'no rants'/long analysis/discussion of 'deeper' things like social details/opinions/life thoughts because I end up typing things and ending up feeling stupid reading them later too.

What I want to do is something shallow and motivating. As weird as that sounds, I need the shallow part because I've always wanted to fix my image up and I think I'm going to finally do it. I want the motivation of a blog to post fashion photos, or home decor, or updates on my hair or something.

I'm going to use blogspot because this is where I find so many interesting gothic blogs. I haven't seen as much currently updated fashion/home decor on Livejournal, and I really dislike the format of tumblr, since I like to type a lot.. and I dont understand the commenting/replying on tumblr.

Anyway things I hope to put in this blog--

1. Updates on my fashion re-haul. I think I currently have an image of frumpy geek alt girl (I feel weird labeling myself goth) but I've always wanted a fancier/gothier/sophisticated look so I may start that. Nicer blouses and skirts. etc.

2. Hair, eventually I want more purple in my hair, or all purple. I havent decided how I'm doing this. I feel like my first step should be to buy a plain black wig to have a way to hide the "purple adventures" once I start.. I foresee lots of crappy looking roots growing out, and bleach disasters, PLUS I work in a corporate office so I want a safety like a plain wig before I start putting more purple in.

3. I may post random vanity/cosmetic comments and pics like if I did my nails in a way I like, updates on my braces, or cosmetic procedures like laser hair removal.

4. Hopefully I'll discuss home decor soon. I plan to move out from my parents soon and have always dreamed of decorating the way I love. Dark colors, fantasy/goth objects.. etc

I think that's it. As I said, I want to keep this 'light,' and at a loss for better words- "shallow" or image/style-centric. Clothes, home decor, etc... because I enjoy reading those blogs.

We will see!

As a start here's two pics of me. One is casual me with my boyfriend, one is me on the way to an event I got to dress up how I wish I could look everyday. No edits, my camera phone just loves to wash me out which I'm fine with!


I love how I look here and when I scroll up to the other pic I just go "ew." At my face, hair, skin color, teeth, smile. I don't know why, I think pic one is "ok" but I dont get the same feeling as I do looking at the second one! So this is kind of my goal. To LIKE how I look more often. Rather than 'dress down' or dress normal to fit in with friends or keep people from judging me. If I want to use super pale makeup and wear a fancy blouse I should be able to whenever I want, etc!

Lets see what comes of this blog!

3 comments:

  1. Hey,

    your introduction is very interesting and I believe thait I put my eyes on you.
    You're really cute and I like the way you write.
    So I
    I'll follow you (:

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You seem cool too, I followed you back ;)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete